This page will tell you exactly what we will test you on. We do not expect any recruit to come on COUNCIL/Training unprepared so this page will help those who needs to aquire this in order to proceed in COUNCIL/Training.
- Must learn our policy click here ---> http://lcpdjoinfo.webs.com/clanpolicy.htm
- Then we will instruct you what site you need to visit for whichever use.
Steps of training:
Part 1 - Code Testing.
- Basic code testing - You will be tested on the 'Basic' codes. If failed to complete 'Basic' you will be sent away to re-revise them.
- Advanced code testing and Usage - In this part you will be tested on Advanced codes and using them in sentences (e.g. "Dispatch [Unit Number] I have a 10-25 on [Location] i require a 10-78 at [Location]) Once you have this correct you will continue to Part 2.
Part 2 - Driving Test & Responding
- US Driving Test - You will be given a virtual in game 'Driving test'. Following the US Traffic Laws.
- Responding - This will include you responding down one of algonquins main highways with minimal damage. And finding a appropriate place to run a 10-55 (Stationary Radar), once instructed to.
- 10-80 Test - This includes the trainee following the Suspect (Trainer) and carrying out Code 8, 9, 10 & 6. While dodging cars and driving down narrow lanes and streets. (Minor damage is allowed).
- Arriving on scene - This will be where the recruit is put in different situations where (S)he will arrive on scene of a 10-25 & first on scene to a hostage situation. This will teach the recruit how to park a police vehicle correctly and realistically, and how to set up a perimeter professionally.
- Advanced Pursuit Commentary - The recruit will be trained how to commentate on a 10-80 fluently and fast. Allowing other officers to catch up fast and effectively.Part 3 - Handling The Suspect
- Hands on - If a suspect is resisting arrest or not following what a police officer says, then you will have to ask 'Dispatch' to go hands on. (This means instead of resorting to Gun fire, you will punch and kick.) Until the suspect is forced to give up.
- When to use a weapon - The trainee will be taught how and when to use a weapon.
- Acting as a LCPD Officer - You will be shown how to act as a Officer of the Law in a patrol this will cover (10-25's, 10-80's, Dispatching (Tango Victor) Rules and regulations of an Officer).
- Acting as a Civillian - You will be shown how to act as a civilian in a patrol, this will cover (Asking your supervisor, 10-25's, 10-80's)
- Locations - You will be shown most of the locations within Algonquin, which you will have to memorise.
Part 5 - Evaluation.
- Code Evaluation. - You will be put in one situation, which requires the recruit to use Radio Codes fluently.
- Location Evaluation - You will be driven around, the recruit is required to shout out the road name when instructed to.
- Pop Quiz - You will be quizzed on some of the information you learned. This is to engage your brain and allow you to memorise information.